Occasionally someone contacts me as they are having trouble with stubborn stains on the makeup remover pads. Soda crystals are my go to, although if anything does stain mine (usually nail polish 😉 ) I just leave it as I know they are clean…they just have a rainbow on them.
I just add a teaspoon of soda crystals to a bowl, then add hot water and the pads. I leave for a few hours (or until I remember that I’ve been soaking something), then tip the whole thing in the washer. Add the rest of the load and do your normal wash.
Soda crystals are great for numerous household cleaning including:-
- unblocking your sink (pop into plug hole then pour on a kettle full of hot water);
- softens water (add to normal wash powder);
- prevents limescale (add to normal wash powder);
- natural deodorizer (you can add to normal wash powder or run the machine on empty with some soda crystals);
- natural degreaser (pre-soak).
They do all this good stuff, plus they are biodegradable! How amazing is that?! You can pick them up in any supermarket or hardware store.
I’d love to know if you have any other cleaning tips using soda crystals.